we’re open! Come join us.
We are pleased to announce we reopened our doors (with limited capacity) at Northwest YMCA, Lohse Family YMCA, and Ott Family YMCA on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. The Lighthouse City YMCA will reopen in the next couple of months as we continue to make upgrades to the facility. Please remember that with your Y membership you are invited to visit any branch.
We greatly appreciate your patience and support as we navigate the best plan to serve the health and safety of you and our staff. As part of this reopening stage, our branches will operate with limited capacities, hours and services. We will notify you of any changes and appreciate your flexibility.
The Lohse Family YMCA is open:
Monday – Friday from 6 AM – 1 PM and 4 PM – 7 PM
The Ott Family YMCA is open:
Monday – Friday from 7 AM – 11 AM and 4 PM – 7 PM
The Northwest YMCA is open:
Monday – Friday from 6 AM – 11 AM and 4 PM – 8 PM
During this reopening stage, our facilities will be closed during a portion of the afternoon for additional cleaning and on Saturdays and Sundays. The YMCA will also be closed on Labor Day. We are maintaining a safe environment for all, with the implementation of updated health and safety practices. Please read before visiting the YMCA:
- In order to be in compliance with the State’s guidelines for reopening all Y staff and members are required to wear face coverings at all times in our facilities (even while exercising).
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we work together to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Some of the Y’s amenities are limited to ensure the safety, health, and well being of you and our staff.
- Our wellness floors (including cardio, circuit equipment, and free weights) are available.
- The Y’s communal and high-traffic spaces like group fitness, gyms, and pools will reopen at a later stage.
- During this stage, the locker rooms will not be open.
In order to ensure your safety, we continue to pledge to:
- Monitor updates from the CDC and local health officials.
- Be prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with community needs and health recommendations.
- Follow enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the facility.
- Conduct wellness checks of all staff and contractors upon entering the facility.
- Provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant in convenient locations throughout the facility.
- Enforce all social distancing and health recommendations.
- Ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all to enjoy.
If you are visiting the Y for the first time in recent months, you may notice a few upgrades and changes in procedures when you visit, including:
- Members will be greeted by a friendly member of our team as they enter the facility using the newly installed touch-less entry system.
- Members will check in using the Y Mobile App barcode to ensure a touch-less process.
- Members will be asked to sign a digital waiver and take a Health & Safety pledge.
- Capacities have been reduced throughout the facility to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Sanitation stations have been installed in various locations to ensure all members are wiping the equipment before and after use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented on the wellness floor and throughout the facility. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- Water bottle filling stations have been installed. All members are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and gym towel.
- Group fitness, locker rooms, Learn & Play, gyms and pools will not be open immediately but will be phased in with social distancing guidelines and capacities.
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home!
The Y is following the Governor’s recommendations by asking that if you are part of a high-risk population to wait to enjoy the Y and continue to join us for virtual workouts on and through our Virtual Y platform.
If you are a parent, grandparent, or guardian who is looking for remote schooling options for your child, we are here for you. Please click here for more information about our YKids Choice program.
We’ll continue to keep you informed via email, the YMCA app, website, and social media with more information on the reopening of our Lighthouse City facility and other information as it becomes available. Thank you for your support, your patience and your trust as we work together to stay healthy.
#StayActive #StayConnected #StrongerTogether
The YMCA of Southern Arizona
Our community response
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve continued to serve the most critical needs in our community. Your support has allowed the Y to:
- Provide emergency child care and financial assistance to more than 500 children each week from families of essential workers.
- Serve more than 8,000 meals to children in emergency child care; ensuring proper nutrition for all.
- Made more than 1,000 Senior Wellness Calls to ensure this at-risk population stays connected and active.
- Created a Virtual Y providing online family and wellness programming for all to enjoy from the comfort of their home.
We will continue to engage and serve our community through our Virtual Y experience as we prepare to reopen our facilities utilizing a multi-stage approach.
Thank you for being a valued member of our community. We are in this together. #StayActive #StayConnected #StayWithUs.
we are here for our community
YKIDS CHOICE & Early ChildHood programming
At the Y, we are all about nurturing every child’s full potential in our community. During this time we are helping families succeed by providing children 5 to 12 years with a nurturing environment to attend remote school through our YKids Choice Program. After kids complete their online classes for the day they can choose their activities based on fun “themed” days for each day of the week! If you have young children ages six weeks to five years, we invite you to learn more about our Early Childhood Programming. Through our program, children are guided and encouraged to make choices that are based on their own interests. Please click on the buttons below to learn more!
Virtual Family Programming
When kids are out of school and families are home together, it can be a wonderful way to connect, engage and support each other. That’s why we’ve asked our youth development staff to compile some great ways to keep your kiddos smiling, their brains working and their feet moving.
Virtual Wellness Programming
We know exercise helps keep our immune systems strong. That’s why we’ve partnered with our healthy living experts to provide you with virtual access to the best fitness resources and classes on the go.
YMCA Members, Stay with us.
At the YMCA of Southern Arizona, everything we do is guided by our Mission and our commitment to serve and support the community. When you belong to the Y, you’re not only a member of a health and wellness facility, you’re a member of an organization dedicated to strengthening our community. In difficult times, our YMCA pivots in response to community needs and finds ways to use our resources to offer solutions.
We cannot do this without your support! By continuing to be a part of our Y through a your membership, you’re helping us deploy and expand these needed resources and services. If you have any questions regarding your membership please email: email@example.com or connect with your branch. (listed below).
YMCA of Southern Arizona Branches:
Michael Garcia, Executive Director
Lohse Family YMCA
Kylie Aldaz, Executive Director
Northwest YMCA, Pima County Community Center
Briana Moyer, Member Engagement Director
Ott Family YMCA
Joanna Maxfield, Member Engagement Director