ALL BRANCHES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
We are so grateful to you for sticking with the Y and helping us strengthen our community during these unprecedented times. As you may know Governor Ducey announced in a press conference today, June 29, 2020 that all gyms across Arizona are mandated to close for 30 days. (Please click here to read the Governor’s Executive Order.) Please note our Summer Enrichment Camp will continue as planned. We are saddened that we will not see you inside our facilities for the next 30 days and know that this is a difficult time for all. We appreciate your patience as we navigate this phase.
On behalf of all staff at the YMCA of Southern Arizona, we value you and are committed to helping you stay active and connected. We hope that you will join us for our online programming, which we will be increasing to help you meet your individual fitness goals.
- Over the next couple days your favorite Y instructors will add more classes to our Virtual Y programming. Click here to view our Virtual Y schedule. (We will send an email in the next couple days with an updated Virtual Y class schedule.)
- Join us on Facebook for more content to boost your mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
- If you have any questions regarding your membership please email: email@example.com or connect with your branch. (listed below).
YMCA of Southern Arizona Branches:
Michael Garcia, Executive Director
Lohse Family YMCA
Kylie Aldaz, Executive Director
Northwest YMCA Pima County Community Center
John Winchester, Executive Director
Ott Family YMCA
Joanna Maxfield, Membership Engagement Director
We will continue to communicate with you throughout this journey. You may also refer to our social media channels and to our website for more information as it becomes available.
Thank you for your partnership, your patience and your trust as we work together to stay healthy.
Our community response
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis, we’ve continued to serve the most critical needs in our community. Your support has allowed the Y to:
- Provide emergency child care and financial assistance to more than 500 children each week from families of essential workers.
- Serve more than 8,000 meals to children in emergency child care; ensuring proper nutrition for all.
- Made 1,000 Senior Wellness Calls to ensure this at-risk population stays connected and active.
- Created a Virtual Y providing online family and wellness programming for all to enjoy from the comfort of their home.
We will continue to engage and serve our community through our Virtual Y experience as we prepare to reopen our facilities utilizing a multi-stage approach.
Thank you for being a valued member of our community. We are in this together. #StayActive #StayConnected #StayWithUs.
we are here for our community
Summer Enrichment Camps & Early ChildHood programming
At the Y, we are all about nurturing the fullest potential for children in our community. Children 5 to 12 years can have an enriching summer while enjoying STEAM-based learning and everyone’s favorite camp traditions! Young children ages 6 weeks to 5 years will be guided and encouraged to make choices that are based on their own interests while attending our Early Childhood Programming.
Virtual Family Programming
When kids are out of school and families are home together, it can be a wonderful way to connect, engage and support each other. That’s why we’ve asked our youth development staff to compile some great ways to keep your kiddos smiling, their brains working and their feet moving.
Virtual Wellness Programming
We know exercise helps keep our immune systems strong. That’s why we’ve partnered with our healthy living experts to provide you with virtual access to the best fitness resources and classes on the go.
YMCA Members, Stay with us.
At the YMCA of Southern Arizona, everything we do is guided by our Mission and our commitment to serve and support the community. When you belong to the Y, you’re not only a member of a health and wellness facility, you’re a member of an organization dedicated to strengthening our community. In difficult times, our YMCA pivots in response to community needs and finds ways to use our resources to offer solutions.
We cannot do this without your support! By continuing to be a part of our Y through a your membership, you’re helping us deploy and expand these needed resources and services.