SwimFest Returns in 2019!
the YMCA & News 4 Tucson Lifesaver CAmpaign Team Up once again to Provide Free Swim Lessons for Children across southern arizona.
SwimFest will begin May 16 and continue through August 1. These free community events are focused on teaching children 3 to 12 years old and guardians with their children 6 months-2 years old (Parents or Caretakers must join the children in the water) the basics of water safety.
Vouchers for Additional “Free Lessons”
Every child enrolled in SwimFest will receive vouchers for additional free YMCA swim lessons to be redeemed at any All Kids Swim or YMCA facility.
Event dates and locations:
- May 16, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Northwest (combo w/ parent child)- 7770 N Shannon Rd, Tucson, AZ 85741
- May 23, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Ott (combo w/ parent child)- 401 S Prudence Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
- May 30, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Flowing Wells (combo w/ parent child)- 4545 N La Cholla Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85705
- June 6, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Lighthouse (combo w/ parent child)- 2900 N Columbus Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85712
- June 20, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sahuarita (combo w/ parent child)- 16230 S Starlight View Ln, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
- June 27, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Ott (combo w/ parent child)- 401 S Prudence Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
- July 11, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Lohse (combo w/ parent child)- 60 W Alameda St, Tucson, AZ 85701
- July 25, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Northwest (combo w/ parent child)- 7770 N Shannon Rd, Tucson, AZ 85741
- August 1, 4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m., Sahuarita (combo w/ parent child)- 16230 S Starlight View Ln, Sahuarita, AZ 85629
age group time slots:
All participants must be registered for the appropriate time slot based on their age group. This is to ensure the safety of the participants and instructor. Each time slot will have three instructors. Each instructor will be assigned a group of children after the their swimming ability is determined.
- 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: 0-2/3-5 years
- 4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.: 0-2/3-5 years
- 5 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: 0-2/6-9 years
- 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.: 0-2/6-9 years
- 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: 0-2/9-12 years
Follow These steps to RegisteR
1. First, Sign the Waiver: click on the PDF just below, print out the waiver and sign it so you can bring it to your first lesson. You must sign the waiver to participate. Liability Waiver
2. Next, go to Easy-to-Enroll click here
3. If you already have an Easy-to-Enroll account, log in.
4. If you are a first-time user of Easy-to-Enroll, follow the steps below:
- Members click “Members with valid access card.” (must have membership card)
- Type in “Family Members Access ID” (found on the back of your membership card)
- Type in Family Member’s Birth Date
- Create a password and verify.
- Non-members click “To create a new account”
- Fill in “information on Head of Household”
- Add all individuals who are needing to be registered for the program at the bottom of the form and submit form.
5. Click “register for programs” located on the top left of navigation bar.
6. For keyword, type in “swimfest”
7. Select desired SwimFest location, time, and appropriate age
8. “Add” to your “Gym Bag” (make sure on the left hand side you select the correct child)
9. Click “View My Gym Bag” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
10. After you have verified all individuals are correctly registered, click the checkout button.
11. Finish the registration process by completing the requested information and click submit. (Note: there will be no charge on your credit card) If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Candis Martin at CandisM@TucsonYMCA.org.
12. Once your registration is complete, you will get a confirmation email.