With a Sense of Accomplishment
Volunteer at the Y
Last year, more than 1,600 people gave back to their community by volunteering at our Y – a total of nearly 30,000 hours with an estimated value of $620,000! At the YMCA of Southern Arizona, your time and talent go a long way. Every hour spent as a volunteer translates to:
- The caring attention vital to child or teen, helping them to make smart choices.
- Support for families stressed by the economy and time pressures.
- Helping people of all ages and abilities to lead healthier lives.
The wide variety of programs at the Y allows Volunteers to help our community in ways in which they are best prepared to serve.
- Visual and performing artists can find ways to excite and engage children in the arts.
- Athletes can help young team participants discover the joy of sports.
- Teachers and tutors know they are making a difference in literacy and other skills–abilities that will help people in their communities to live more productive and positive lives.
- Helping raise funding for Outreach programs that truly make a difference in peoples’ lives