Join our team in the corporate office as the Associate Director of Accounting at one of the largest non-profits in Southern Arizona. With guidance from the CFO, the Associate Director of Accounting will assist in providing direction for the organization’s finance and business operations; assist in the oversight of accounting practices by maintaining fiscal records and preparing financial reports; assist in ensuring a system of strong internal controls and maintaining fiscal soundness.
Employee benefits include medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. YMCA paid retirement contributions are 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent.
• Three years of related experience in accounting preferred.
• Accounting experience in a nonprofit organization a plus.
• Knowledge of, and expertise with, computerized accounting systems and standard business software.
• Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• Assist with the management functions of accounting and business operations, ensuring that legal and audit requirements are met
• Assist with the implementation of appropriate systems and internal controls to adequately safeguard the YMCAs financial resources and provide for accurately reporting financial data to a multitude of audiences
• Assist with the management of the month-end and year-end closings including monthly accounts reconciliation
• Work closely with HR and payroll to ensure accuracy and compliance of payroll processing and effective payroll internal controls
• Assist with the collection and maintenance data on contracts and grants. Prepare required reports to funders.
• Assist with the annual budget process
• Assist with the annual independent audit, the preparation of financial statements, and the IRS 990 tax form
• And of course, all other duties as assigned
Employee benefits included medical, dental, life insurance, and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. Y paid retirement contributions at 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours will vary and exempt employees are not limited to 40 hour workweeks. If this sounds like the ideal position for you please apply no later than January 31, 2019 by emailing your resume, cover letter and two professional and one personal references to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
c/o YMCA of Southern Arizona
60 West Alameda
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note that applications through third party vendors will not be accepted**