The Director of Marketing & Communication is a critical position for our organization providing oversight and guidance to ensure all marketing initiatives are consistent with the YMCA’s identity as a cause driven organization, focusing on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Branch Operations the Director of Marketing and Communications , the position will work with financial development, programs, membership and other staff to develop and implement all branded materials for the association; including printing, social media, video, email and website content.
Additionally, the Director of Marketing and Communication will lead marketing campaigns, public relations and positioning, and aid in the association’s work in advancing the culture of One Y.
1. Develops, directs and implements a strategic marketing and communications plan to advocate the association’s core business, philanthropic efforts, the YMCA mission, cause and brand.
2. Oversees the production of all communication materials, including writing and editing content, procuring stories, and proofing designs. Responsible for effective content and timely, accurate delivery of all materials.
3. Develops and implements strategies to expand visibility, increase donor engagement and grow program participation across all media platforms.
4. Acts as chief writer and editor. Gather content, capture stories, write and publish print and electronic communications, including newsletters, constituent group email newsletters, press releases, presentation scripts and talking points.
5. Maintains an awareness of and monitors trends, technology development and new options that may have the potential of advancing the association’s communication efforts.
6. Responsible for coordinating the production and mailing of all marketing campaigns and association wide printed materials with print company / mailing house.
7. Serves as the website administrator in monitoring, maintaining and updating website content.
8. Responsible for managing the communications budget, including print materials and online marketing in consultation with the Vice President of Branch Operations.
9. Responsible for the production and development of all videography and
photography supporting the association’s messaging and branding.
10. Responsible for overseeing association social media platforms and assisting/training YMCA branch staff on social media branch platforms.
11. Ensures that all print and digital media are in compliance with the YMCA of Southern Arizona’s media policy, communication strategies and YMCA of the USA brand and voice standards.
12. Oversees marketing and communications for association special events and projects. Provides marketing and communications support for YMCA Branch special events and projects as needed.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking in addition to lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising design, human services, social services, business or equivalent.
2. Three or more years of marketing and communications experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
3. Expert level ability with Microsoft Office and Adobe/InDesign programs.
4. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
5. Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
6. Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
Employee benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. YMCA paid retirement contributions at 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria.
This is a full-time, exempt position, that will remain open until filled. Corporate office hours are weekdays from 8:00am – 5:00pm; however, exempt employees are not limited to 40 hour workweeks.
To apply for this full-time, exempt position please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 personal and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**