The YMCA of Southern Arizona has an exciting opportunity for you to lead our Ott Family as the Associate Executive Director. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Associate Executive Director stewards the Y’s cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. While overseeing the operation of the YMCA and participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, and collaboration with community stakeholders.
The Associate Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of operations including budget development, fiscal management and control, management of the facilities, grounds, and equipment, program development, promotion and marketing, volunteer and staff development, strategic planning, personnel administration, risk management, and board development.
• Develops and directs high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association goals, and strategies.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, and directs employees and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
• Develops, manages, and monitors assigned operating budgets to meet or exceed targets. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
• Direct leadership all employees. All employees will lead by example to teach participants and staff the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
• Establishes plans for the expansion of programs and services, in harmony with overall YMCA objectives and the leadership team.
• Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
• Provides staff support for assigned committees.
• Provides staff leadership for annual support campaign.
• Creates a program quality that will dazzle and delight all participants.
• Serves as a participating member of the cabinets as deemed necessary.
• Will ensure the maintenance of facilities and properties of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
• Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
• YMCA Multi-Team Leader certification preferred.
• Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
• Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• CPR / First Aid / AED certifications required within 30 days of hire.
Employee benefits included medical, dental, life insurance, and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. Y paid retirement contributions at 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours will vary and exempt employees are not limited to 40 hour workweeks.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 personal and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**