Th Association Sports Director supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position will develop, organize and implement high quality YMCA sports programs to enhance the YMCA member and program participant experience. The Association Director of Sports will promote long-term involvement through a variety of exceptional programs and services that results in nurturing the potential in children (youth development), supporting members in their wellness journey (healthy living), and driving advocacy and community awareness (social responsibility).
- Performs oversight of all programs and program areas for youth and adult sports.
- Ensures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas including meeting program standards and safety procedures.
- Establishes new programs and expands current programs to meet the needs of the community and the goals and objectives of youth and adult sports programs in accordance with the strategic and operational plans.
- Participates in a collaborative effort with leadership to determine goals, strategies, program innovation and improvements for the association.
- Supervises, recruits, hires, trains, develops, evaluates, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Develops, manages and controls the budget to ensure fiscal responsibility for the assigned programs.
- Provides upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment. Ensures the physical environment supports healthy living through sanitation and cleaning efforts.
- Ensures processes and policies are in place to maintain proper records/department files.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops, implements systems and measurements that gauge program impact, satisfaction, quality trends, financial stability, and growth potential.
- Facilitates relationships and schedules regular communication with YMCA branch leadership to discuss space usage, understand branch expectations and communicate program needs for a successful program.
- Develops, represents and maintains relationships on behalf of the organization in a professional manner, including school districts and other organizations/agencies related to assigned programs.
- Identify strategic collaborative partnerships that congruently align with the YMCA’s strategic priorities as needed.
- Provides leadership for annual support campaign and committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
- Three or more years of sports program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency. Preferred experience managing a budget in excess of 500K.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
- Possess and Maintain CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid certifications.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a full-time, exempt, benefit eligible position, the schedule will be dependent on business needs to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Qualified applicants must submit a well-thought-out cover letter, application/resume, three work-related references and two personal references to be considered. To apply, send the requested documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Carolyn Schwartz
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**