Are you passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of families and children? Do you have experience in program development and working with community partners that fills a community need and fosters positive outcomes for youth? Are you a responsible and creative individual with a sincere interest in creating a quality experience for program participants, parents, staff and community members? Do you meet the AZ Licensing requirements to be a Child Care Director? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from you. Join the YMCA of Southern Arizona staff team at our eastside Ott Family YMCA Branch in Tucson as our new Child Care Program Director.
In addition to the above qualities, minimum qualifications require a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in education or Child Development or a related field and four years of related experience in a child care leadership role or supervisory capacity of a licensed Child Care or Summer Day Camp Program. Knowledge of Arizona Licensing standards for school age, preschool and day camp programs is vital. The incumbent must also currently possess or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card within 7 days of hire in addition to possessing current 1st Aid/CPR certification.
1. This position will function as a key member of the leadership team in developing community relationships with area schools, teachers, and administrators as well as being able to articulate the benefits of YMCA programming to the public.
2. This position is responsible for overseeing 8 after school childcare sites, one half day onsite preschool and 6 summer day camp sites with a staff team of about 40 to provide childcare services, throughout Tucson and Vail.
3. Administers the annual operating budget and makes adjustments accordingly based on revenue and expenses to meet targets. Develops the annual childcare budget.
4. Develops & implements curriculum for child care programs and prepares revenue and expense projections. Monitor financial indicators and member feedback to assess program effectiveness.
5. Oversees programs to ensure programs are effective and they meet community needs. Identifies collaborative efforts to utilize facilities and services with local schools and organizations. Develops and nurtures collaborative relationships with schools and community organizations.
6. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, directs and motivates personnel and volunteers. Develops strategies to motivate staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
7. Knowledge of Licensing & Quality Assurance standards for specific program initiatives (Quality First, First Thing First, HEPA Standards, Literacy, Achievement, STEM Programming).
8. Insures program operation is consistent with Association procedures, including emergency procedures, insurance requirements, accident reporting, purchasing, personnel/payroll, CPS reporting and accounting system.
9. Establishes new program activities, increases participation, and expands programming within the community in accordance with Association/Branch strategic and operating plans.
10. Monitors department programs and services through regular visitation of all program sites and the development of appropriate tools.
11. Participates accordingly in branch projects as assigned as well as staff trainings and meetings, cohort meetings, and special events. Supports Annual Campaign and other special events.
This is a full-time exempt position not limited to 40 hour work weeks with a compensation package that includes health insurance, vacation, sick pay and holidays per our company policy guidelines and 10% towards Y retirement upon meeting retirement fund eligibility requirements. Apply online and attach a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for 3 professional and 2 personal references. Completed application packets may be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Ott Family YMCA
Attn: Charlie B., Exec. Director
401 S. Prudence RD
Tucson, AZ 85710