The Custodian supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. Additional duties may be related to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, grounds keeping, and other related responsibilities.
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, power washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- May set up furniture for events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time position and will remain open until filled. Please apply if available to work Monday-Friday 7:30-11:30 pm, however schedule will be dependent on business needs but hours should not exceed 28 per week.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Attn: Briana M.
7770 N. Shannon Rd
Tucson, AZ 85741
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**