Join the Ott Family YMCA and spend your afternoons making a difference in the lives of school age children. Under the direction of the Child Care Coordinator and/or Child Care Executive Director, we are looking to hire a school aged child care driver. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading non-profit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The driver is responsible for providing safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals.
• Drives safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
• Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
• Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
• Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
• Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information, such as gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms.
• Cleans out bus each day.
• Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
• At least one-year work experience as a bus driver preferred.
• Possess appropriate class license with a good MVD record for at least 3 years.
• Must be twenty one (21) years old
• Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
• Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
• Desire and ability to work with children.
• Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. . Applicant must be available to work 6:00am – 9:00am, and/or 12:00pm – 6:00pm Monday-Friday, in addition to attending and participating in staff meetings/trainings as they occur. To apply for this part-time, non-benefit eligible position, please send your resume to email@example.com pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Ott Family YMCA
Attn: Olivia G.
401 South Prudence
Tucson, AZ 85710
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**