Under the direction of the Program Director the Driver supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position provides safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals.
- Drives safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers, members or program participants, and colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Creates a safe environment in which others feel welcome and respected.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and records all information, such as gas level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms.
- Cleans out bus each day.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
- At least one-year work experience as a bus driver preferred.
- Possess appropriate class license.
- Must be twenty one (21) years old
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position, schedule will be dependent on program schedule. We have multiple locations across Tucson to be filled, including but not limited to downtown, the north side, south side, and east side, please express your preference at the time of your interview.
To apply send your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Youth Development Department
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**