The YMCA of Southern Arizona has an exciting opportunity for you to lead our Northwest branch as the Executive Director. The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of operations including budget development, fiscal management and control, management of the facilities, grounds, and equipment, program development, promotion and marketing, volunteer and staff development, strategic planning, personnel administration, risk management, and board development.
• Provide leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the organization are put into practice.
• Create a welcoming atmosphere for staff, children, parents, and community partners that embraces diversity at every level.
• Implement the policies, procedures, and standards established by the Association Board and Association Administration.
• Serve as a leader in branch fundraising activities for the Annual Support Campaign to provide financial assistance for programs, and the solicitation of funds to support the branch’s goals and objectives.
• Serve as a member of the Executive Cabinet and attend and participate in monthly meetings.
• Develop and monitor strategies for ensuring long-term fiscal management and financial viability and mentor Program Directors who are responsible for department specific budgets.
• Achieve budgeted financial objectives.
• Collaborate with the Board of Managers (volunteer board) to define and articulate the branch’s vision as part of a larger Association and to develop strategies for achieving that vision.
• Act as the representative of the YMCA of Southern Arizona by developing positive relationships with local community partners, volunteers and the general public.
• All employees will lead by example to teach participants and staff the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
• A Bachelor’s degree with six or more years of professional experiences, non-profit preferred but not required.
• Leadership skills, including managing, motivating, training, evaluating staff and volunteers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, must be able to speak and write clearly and persuasively to a diversified audience.
• A professional demeanor and the ability to lead by example with a high level of professionalism.
• The ability to perform under deadlines and multi-task.
Employee benefits included medical, dental, life insurance, and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. Y paid retirement contributions at 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours will vary and exempt employees are not limited to 40 hour workweeks.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 personal and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**