The YMCA of Southern Arizona Youth Development program needs an Executive to lead it into the future! This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Executive Director of Youth Development stewards the Y’s cause, promoting and protecting the brand and reputation as a global, inclusive organization within the community. The Executive Director of Youth Development oversees the smooth operation of the various licensed day care facilities, summer camps, and on site day camps
The Associate Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of operations including budget development, fiscal management and control, management of the facilities, grounds, and equipment, program development, promotion and marketing, volunteer and staff development, strategic planning, personnel administration, risk management, and board development.
• Ensure that Youth Development programs and services meet community needs to include supervising existing program activities, establish new programs, and expanding the program within the community as needed.
• Serving as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, ensuring delivery of high quality outcomes for all Early Childhood, Preschool, Day Camp and Before and After School programs.
• Exploring growth opportunities and expands programming in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
• Ensure the efficient use of resources and personnel.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory licensing standards.
• Develop and implement staff training and growth opportunities.
• Builds bridges and within the community so that all segments of society have access to the YMCA.
• Effectively communicates community benefit and the Y’s impact for all stakeholders (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, community leaders) develops positive working and collaborative relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
• Manages the budgeting process so that resources are devoted to top priorities and strategic objectives. Ensures operating budgets meet or exceed targets.
• Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
• Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
• Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
• Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment. Serves as a member of YMCA management and supports the overall objectives of
• the YMCA.
• All employees will lead by example to teach participants and staff the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Five or more years of Youth Development and management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• Ability to direct total operations through supervision of staff, development and monitoring of department budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
• the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• CPR and First Aid certifications required within 30 days of hire.
Employee benefits included medical, dental, life insurance, and long term disability insurance after the introductory period has been completed. Y paid retirement contributions at 10% after meeting retirement fund criteria. This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours will vary and exempt employees are not limited to 40 hour workweeks.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 personal and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**