The Facilities Specialist supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities. This position is responsible for the day-to-day preventive items that may include painting, basic plumbing/electrical and routine maintenance. Through excellent work ethic and craftsmanship, this position will help to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for all, ultimately, contributing to the overall success of the organization as a whole.
- Provide leadership and model excellent customer service to provide a welcoming environment for all staff, members, and guests by following customer service best practices. This includes (but is not limited to) adhering to the “ten-foot rule” and maintaining eye contact.
- Effectively engage with diverse groups of people with different abilities and backgrounds.
- Create and foster strong relationships with YMCA staff, members, program participants, and guests in order to connect them with others and the YMCA.
- Take ownership through seeking to understand member and staff concerns and successfully take actions to resolve each unique situation.
- Has the ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations while adhering to the safety policies and procedures set by the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Collect, maintain, and report necessary data to assist with maintaining efficient operations.
- Work with leadership to take appropriate action to maintain the fiscal integrity across the association.
- Complete maintenance work orders for all YMCA facilities in a timely and cost-effective manner that meet local and YMCA health and safety standards.
- Work with leadership in identifying any safety concerns and addressing code requirements.
- Work with the Executive Director of Properties and Facilities to implement and maintain preventive maintenance plans across the association.
- Assist with ordering, transporting (when applicable), and stocking inventory of all related supplies.
- Keep supplies and equipment well organized and clean.
- Remain knowledgeable of all safety and risk management procedures in order to respond to facility issues in a timely manner.
- Report any suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct.
- Maintain compliance with required documentation of SDS manual and all OSHA standards.
- Work with leadership to coordinate annual building and other required inspections for facilities.
- Assist with large facility projects as assigned by the Executive Director of Properties and Facilities.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Have acquired 3-5 years of experience in facilities, maintenance, or related field
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of proper power tool use and safety
- Intermediate or advanced mechanical knowledge
- Experience in basic HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical preferred
- Certification, training, and/or extensive experience in the maintenance and repair of fitness equipment from LifeFitness/Cybex, Matrix, and Precor
- Certifications required within thirty (30) days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven (7) days of hire
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA’s core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this position. The schedule will be dependent on business needs, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends. We have multiple locations all over Pima County to be filled, including but not limited to downtown, the north side, south side, and east side. This is a part-time position and will remain open until filled.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, send your resume and completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third-party vendor.**