Under the direction of the Health and Well Being Coordinator and/or Executive Director the Group Exercise Generalist for Line Dancing, in cooperation with other staff, will be responsible for instructing group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that welcomes people of all skill and fitness levels. Individual will be able to effectively build community within the class, and modify class as needed to meet varied health, ability and cultural needs. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
• Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
• Asks and answers questions from program participants and members to support them in achieving their goals related to health and well-being.
• Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
• Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members and program participants connect with each other and the YMCA.
• Observes and adjusts approach to support all participants’ capabilities, physical conditions, health, and culture.
• Celebrates achievement of program participants related to program or personal goals, mastering of specific skills or overall health and well-being.
• Keeps accurate class attendance records.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
• Makes reasonable efforts to be available to sub for other instructors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• CPR / First Aid / AED certification required (Health & Wellbeing)
• One year experience teaching group wellness classes preferred
• American Council on Exercise (ACE) or Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), or Silver Sneakers Certification. Current and on file.
• Completion of all required online courses within seven (7) days of hire
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. Applicants must be available to work Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00am. A post offer background screening is required for this position. To apply for this part-time, non-benefit eligible position, send your resume to email@example.com or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Attn: Michael G.
2900 N. Columbus BLVD
Tucson, AZ 85712
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**