Under the direction of the Head Cook / Kitchen Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing high-quality food service for various childcare centers, within budgeted guidelines. The Kitchen Cook Assistant assists in providing high-quality food and snacks while ensuring that systems and processes are in place to ensure safety for all.
- Assists with activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry, and storeroom personnel and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Assists in planning menus and snacks, preparing and apportioning foods, and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
- Assists in ensuring that a specified number of servings be made from any vegetable, meat, beverage, and dessert to control portion costs.
- Assists with the purchase of foodstuffs, kitchen supplies, and equipment, or properly complete requisitions.
- Attends all relevant training meetings and training events.
- Assists with the maintenance and cleaning of the kitchen to ensure a healthy/safe environment.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- At Least 18 years of age.
- High school degree or GED.
- Mantoux test results on file.
- A Pima County Food Handler Certificate.
- At least six months of relevant experience, dealing with large group cafeteria and family-style service
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Completion of assigned online training within seven days of hire.
- Must display a positive attitude towards children and staff, willingness to help others, and good communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, adapting to the needs of YMCA programs. Weekend and evening work will be required at times.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA’s core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this position. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 6:00am – 1:00pm at the Mulcahy/City YMCA location.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, click the button below and complete the employment interest form.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third-party vendor.**