This Learn & Play Specialist Supervisor supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This position is responsible for the monitoring of children while providing a safe, learning atmosphere.
- Supervises staff and provides oversight of programming in Learn & Play area. Responsible for staff scheduling.
- Creates and implements program lesson plans and program activities within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Actively engages and oversees the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents.
- Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Oversee the maintenance of the program site and equipment to ensure it is hazard-free, clean, and well organized.
- Oversee the maintenance of required program records and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in program activities, events, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At Least 18 years of age.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty days of hire.
- High school degree or GED.
- At least one year of experience working with multiple children in a child-centered setting.
- CDA, NAC, CCP, Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Education or closely related field preferred.
- Completion of assigned online training within seven days of hire.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations and/or the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA of Southern Arizona is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA’s core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this part-time position. The schedule will be dependent on business needs, Monday through Saturday. This position is available at Northwest YMCA and Ott Family YMCA and will remain open until filled.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, click the button below and complete the employment interest form.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third-party vendor.**