The Learn & Play Specialist supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. This position is responsible for the monitoring of children while providing a safe, learning atmosphere.
- Assist with implementing program lesson activities within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Actively engages and oversees the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents.
- Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Assist with maintaining the program site and equipment to ensure it is hazard-free, clean, and well organized.
- Assist with maintaining required program records and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in program activities, events, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At Least 18 years of age.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty days of hire.
- High school degree or GED.
- At least one year of experience working with multiple children in a child-centered setting.
- CDA, NAC, CCP, Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Education or closely related field preferred.
- Completion of assigned online training within seven days of hire.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations and/or the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA of Southern Arizona is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA’s core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this part-time position. The schedule will be dependent on business needs, Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM. This position is available at Northwest YMCA and Ott Family YMCA and will remain open until filled.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, click the button below and complete the employment interest form.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third-party vendor.**