This position supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities. The Member Engagement Director will oversee all operations of the membership department and will have a strong ability to create genuine connections with our staff, members, partners, and community. Through intentional interactions this position will model and ensure that all membership staff show excellent customer service by having extensive knowledge in membership, program areas and services, as well as facilities, ultimately, contributing to the overall success of the department, program areas and organization as a whole.
- Directs and trains the membership department staff to showcase excellent customer service to provide a welcoming environment for all staff, members, and guests by following customer service best practices. This includes (but is not limited to) adhering to the “ten-foot rule” and maintaining eye contact.
- Takes a leadership role within branch operations to ensure staff from all departments engage YMCA members, program participants, and guests through different forms of media including in-person and over the phone.
- Delivers and trains staff to take a personalized approach when engaging with prospective members that creates a positive experience to meet their individual goals. This includes (but is not limited to) introductions to appropriate YMCA program areas and services.
- Effectively listens and communicates to manage and understand member concerns and successfully takes actions to resolve each unique situation. Works with the Executive Director to address any unusual and unresolved situations to ensure the best interest of all parties involved.
- Supervises, recruits, hires, trains, develops, evaluates, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of membership and program information.
- Develops, manages and controls the budget to ensure fiscal responsibility for the membership department that aligns with the strategic plan and branch operations.
- Develops, implements systems and measurements that gauge program impact, satisfaction, quality trends, financial stability, and growth potential.
- Identifies strategic collaborative partnerships that congruently align with the YMCA’s strategic priorities as needed.
- Provides leadership for annual support campaigns and committees as assigned.
- Effectively engages with diverse groups of people with different abilities and backgrounds.
- Possesses the ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations while adhering to the safety policies and procedures set by the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Is adept at utilizing the current operating software system to maximize an individual’s experience through membership sales, program registrations, and other software functions. Includes the ability to train other staff as necessary.
- Directs and initiates appropriate actions to maintain cleanliness and organization throughout the facility.
- Receives and documents payments to ensure a balanced end-of-shift report.
- Ensures reconciliation of end-of-shifts and daily deposits are completed.
- Adheres to all YMCA of Southern Arizona policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years of customer service experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of technology.
- Certifications required within thirty (30) days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven (7) days of hire.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA’s core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this full-time, exempt position at Ott Family YMCA. The schedule will be dependent on business needs, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
To apply for this full-time, exempt position send your resume and cover letter to RJB@TucsonYMCA.org.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third-party vendor.**