Under the direction of the Member Engagement Director and/or Executive Director the Member Engagement Specialist, in cooperation with other staff is responsible for the delivery of excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Conduct interviews and tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships; and perform wellness center introduction (overview) for any members.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisors of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Collaborate with all center staff to ensure service excellence and timely follow-up to all member questions and/or complaints.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Respond to emergency situations by adhering to the safety policies and procedures set for the Association.
- Responsible for utilizing Daxko Operations and Daxko Engage in dealing with members and accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Certifications required within thirty (30) days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven (7) days of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Confidentiality and excellent organizational skills are strongly emphasized.
- Friendly disposition, knowledge and demonstration of excellent customer service practices
- Intermediate or Advanced knowledge of computers.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time position and will remain open until filled. Please apply if available to work opening shifts, however schedule will be dependent on business needs but hours should not exceed 28 per week.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Attn: RJ B.
60 W. Alameda St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**