Under the direction of the Member Engagement Director and/or Executive Director the Member Engagement Specialist, in cooperation with other staff is responsible for the delivery of excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
• Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
• Conduct interviews and tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
• Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
• Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
• Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
• May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Certifications required within thirty (30) days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
• Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven (7) days of hire.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Must be eighteen (18) years old, minimum
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
segments of the community
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
• Basic knowledge of computers.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time position and will remain open until filled. Please apply if available to work Thursday through Sunday, schedule will be dependent on business needs but hours should not exceed 28 per week.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Ott Family YMCA
Attn: Joanna M.
401 S Prudence RD
Tucson, AZ 85710
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**