This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Position directs all aspects of membership for the Ott YMCA; specifically including the recruitment of new members, retention and engagement of existing members, development of a high quality member service staff team, and branch related marketing and social media. The Membership Director develops strategies, relationships and goals to achieve membership growth.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and leadership experience in sales, customer service, marketing and communications or non-profit development. (2 years minimum).
• Two years of experience in member/customer service and supervisory/management position.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Previous sales, new member acquisition, prospecting, conversions experience preferred.
• Strong history of developing meaningful relationships and personal commitment to high quality customer experiences.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of social media for marketing outreach.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule that may include morning, evening, and weekend hours.
• Essential Functions
• Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
• Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and/or membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and/or program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
• Develops and executes relationship building strategies with all staff; ensure staff are trained to achieve highest level of customer service and interactions. Develops strategies to motivate the team to achieve goals.
• Oversee planning, development and management of the annual membership and marketing budgets; take appropriate action to correct variances.
• Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
• Be an intricate member of the leadership team, working towards the overall success of the organization with a goal of increasing membership growth, satisfaction and retention.
• Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
• Develops and executes local marketing and communication strategies, including digital mediums.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
• Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
• Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
• Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
• Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
To apply for this full time, exempt, benefit eligible position please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two personal and 3 professional. Resumes and interviews will be reviewed and scheduled as received. Position will remain open until filled. Completed application packets may be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Ott Family YMCA
Attn: RJ B.
401 S Prudence RD
Tucson, AZ 85710
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**