This Multi-Site Sports Supervisor supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities. This position will lead the development of and implementation of high quality sports programs across multiple locations. This position requires a dynamic, highly motivated individual tasked with the supervision and training of the program staff, referees, and coaches along with implementing new and innovative ideas to grow and expand existing sports programs. Through intentional interactions this position will model excellent customer service and have extensive knowledge in the sports industry contributing to the overall success of the department, branch, and organization as a whole.
- Provides leadership and models excellent customer service to provide a welcoming environment for all staff, members, and guests by following customer service best practices. This includes (but is not limited to) adhering to the “ten foot rule” and maintaining eye contact.
- Delivers a personalized approach when engaging with program participants that creates a positive experience. This includes (but is not limited to) introductions to other YMCA program areas and services.
- Ensures all sports staff actively engage YMCA members, program participants, and guests through different forms of media including in-person and over the phone.
- Effectively engages with diverse groups of people with different abilities and backgrounds.
- Creates and fosters strong relationships with YMCA staff, members, program participants, guests, and stakeholders to identify community needs and connect them with others and the YMCA.
- Takes ownership through seeking to understand concerns and successfully takes actions to resolve each unique situation. Notifies appropriate leadership in a timely manner to ensure the best outcome for all parties involved.
- Has the ability to respond appropriately to emergency situations while adhering to the safety policies and procedures set by the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Adept at utilizing the current operating software system to maximize an individual’s experience through program registrations and other software functions; including training other staff as needed.
- Assists with preventative maintenance plans. Initiates and oversees maintenance of equipment to ensure high program quality and creates proposals for leadership about programmatic needs.
- Provides supervision for and initiates appropriate actions to maintain safety, cleanliness, and organization throughout the facility with priority in assigned program areas.
- Implements sports sessions and other activities including but not limited to creating teams, organizing and conducting meetings, developing team practice and game schedules.
- Knowledgeable and adept about the rules and guidelines for a variety of different types of sports and activities.
- Works with leadership to create staff schedules based on programming, facility, association, and community needs.
- Works with leadership to hire, train, and evaluate staff that is consistent with best practices.
- Assists in developing the department budget and takes appropriate action to maintain the fiscal integrity of the department.
- Collects, maintains, and reports necessary data to assist with maintaining efficient operations.
- Adheres to all YMCA of Southern Arizona policies and procedures.
- Flexible in traveling to multiple sites around the greater Tucson area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Prefer previous customer service and sales experience.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience in related field(s).
- Intermediate or advance knowledge of technology.
- Certifications required within thirty (30) days of hire: CPR/AED and First Aid.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven (7) days of hire.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this part-time position. The schedule will be dependent on business needs to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Carolyn Schwartz
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**