Under the direction of the Health & Well-being Coordinator and/or Executive Director the Personal Trainer supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Personal Trainers are responsible for taking a creative approach to personal fitness for members and staff.
- Instruct members and staff in a non-competitive and non-intimidating manner.
- Assess members and staff fitness needs and develop plans based on individual needs.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Teaches with genuine concern for members and staff.
- A good physical example and role model for a fit and healthily lifestyle.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Set up and tear down of necessary equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid upon hire.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven days of hire.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 6 months of experience, in field or classroom, in developing exercise
prescriptions/exercise programming and instruction.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Current National Personal Training Certification required (YMCA, ACE, ACSM, NSCA, AFAA, ISSA or other that meet YUSA guidelines).
- Effective verbal, and written communication skills.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time position and will remain open until filled. Please apply if available to work opening shifts, however schedule will be dependent on business needs but hours should not exceed 28 per week.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, send your resume to email@example.com or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
Attn: Kylie A.
60 W. Alameda St.
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**