Under the direction of the Health & Well-being Coordinator and/or Executive Director the Personal Trainer supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Personal Trainers are responsible for taking a creative approach to personal fitness for members and staff.
- Instruct members and staff in a non-competitive and non-intimidating manner.
- Assess members and staff fitness needs and develop plans based on individual needs.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Teaches with genuine concern for members and staff.
- A good physical example and role model for a fit and healthily lifestyle.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Set up and tear down of necessary equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid upon hire.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven days of hire.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 6 months of experience, in field or classroom, in developing exercise
prescriptions/exercise programming and instruction.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Current National Personal Training Certification required (YMCA, ACE, ACSM, NSCA, AFAA, ISSA or other that meet YUSA guidelines).
- Effective verbal, and written communication skills.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time position that will not exceed 28 hours per we and will remain open until filled. We have multiple positions across Tucson to be filled, including downtown, the north side, south side, and east side, please express your preference at the time of your interview.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, click the button below and complete the employment interest form.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**