Under the direction of the Preschool Coordinator and/or Executive Director of Youth Development our Preschool Leader II, in cooperation with other staff, provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
• Create, implement and evaluate lesson plans for curriculum within the established guidelines.
• Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
• Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
• Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
• Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication
with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
• Oversee the maintenance of program site and equipment.
• Oversee the maintenance of required program records and inventory of materials.
• Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
• Adhere to guidelines applicable to Child and Adult Care Food Program and attend CACFP annual training.
• Complete twelve hours of continuing education training and/or course work annually within childcare field
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school degree, or GED, or
• Associate degree in early childhood, child development or closely related filed, Bachelor preferred
• NAC, CDA, CCP, or CPC credentials preferred
• Current Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to apply for one within seven (7) days of hire
• At least 21 years of age
• Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty (30) days of hire
• Completion of the Ys online training within seven (7) days of hire
• Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
• Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships
with people from different backgrounds.
• Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. To apply for this part-time, non-benefit eligible position attach your resume and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or pick up an application at your local YMCA and turn in the completed application along with your resume:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Carolyn S.
60 W Alameda
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**