The Sports Official supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position requires knowledge and application of the specific sport’s rules/regulations. The Sports Official will act
as a mentor and model behaviors acceptable of a professional at sporting events.
- Ability to observe and monitor the behavior of all participants, and spectators, and enforce safety rules.
- Ability to instruct program participants.
- Ensure equipment and the playing area are in safe and proper working order.
- Report results, cancellations to leadership following the game(s).
- Attend all meetings and training as is required.
- Knowledge of score-keeping as you may be required to keep score during.
- Ability to remain mobile for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a relatively noisy environment during sporting events.
- Ability to de-escalate situations with participants and/or spectators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of YMCA’s online training within seven days of hire.
- CPR/AED, and First Aid certifications required within thirty days of hire.
- Specific knowledge and application of game rules.
- Experience as a referee.
- Experience with officiating JUCO, NAIA, NCAA, etc. preferred.
- Evidence of ongoing training, sport specific.
- Continued commitment to the YMCA cause and availability for the Sports Program.
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post-offer background screening is required for this part-time position. The schedule will be dependent on business needs to include early mornings, evenings and weekends.
To apply for this non-benefit eligible position, click the button below and complete the employment interest form.
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**