Under the direction of the Day Camp Site Coordinator and/or the Executive Director of Youth Development the Day Camp Group Leader I, in cooperation with other staff, is responsible for providing direction for the children in the classroom, and implementing program curriculum. Will also provide a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Assist with maintaining program site and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining required program records and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Adhere to guidelines applicable to Child and Adult Care Food Program and attend CACFP annual training.
- Obtain eighteen (18) hours of training and / or course work annually within childcare field
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree, or GED, or Associate degree in early childhood, child development or closely related filed, Bachelor preferred, NAC, CDA, CCP, or CPC credentials preferred
- High school degree, or GED, or
- Associate degree in early childhood, child development or closely related filed, Bachelor preferred
- NAC, CDA, CCP, or CPC credentials preferred
- Current Fingerprint clearance card or the ability to apply for one within seven (7) days of hire
- At least 18 years of age
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty (30) days of hire
- Completion of the Ys online training within seven (7) days of hire
- Previous experience working with children in a camp setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position, schedule will be dependent on business needs Monday – Friday from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. We have multiple locations all over Pima County to be filled, including but not limited to downtown, the north side, south side, and east side, please express your preference at the time of your interview.
To apply send your resume and application to email@example.com, or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Youth Development Department
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**