Under the direction of the Day Camp Site Coordinator and/or the Executive Director of Youth Development, the Summer Day Camp Leader, in cooperation with other staff, supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The position provides direction for the youth in the program and implements summer day camp program curriculum. Provides a quality experience for youth and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Implement summer camp program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values and character development.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Actively engages children during all summer camp program activities and including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Cultivates positive relationships and maintains effective communication with parents.
- Engages parents as volunteers to connect them to the YMCA.
- Assist with maintaining program site and equipment to ensure it is hazard free, clean and well organized.
- Assist with maintaining required program records and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in program activities, events, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Adhere to guidelines applicable to Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Obtain eighteen hours of training and/or course work annually within childcare field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At Least 18 years of age.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty days of hire.
- Proof of Health Exam and negative TB test.
- High school degree or GED.
- At least six months of experience working with multiple children in a recreational setting
- CDA, NAC, CCP, Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Education or closely related field preferred.
- Completion of assigned online training within seven days of hire.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate
- Previous experience with diverse populations and/or the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA of Southern Arizona is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a part-time, non-benefit eligible position, schedule will be dependent on business needs Monday – Friday from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. We have multiple locations all over Pima County to be filled, including but not limited to downtown, the north side, south side, and east side, please express your preference at the time of your interview.
To apply send your resume and application to email@example.com, or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Youth Development Department
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**