The Summer Day Camp Supervisor supports the work of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The position provides direction youth in the program and implements summer day camp program curriculum. Provides a quality experience youth and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises staff and provides oversight of summer camp programming for all assigned sites and/or locations. Responsible for staff scheduling.
Creates, implement and evaluate lesson plans for curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Actively engages children and oversees all summer camp program activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents.
- Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Oversees the maintenance of program site and equipment to ensure it is hazard free, clean and well organized.
- Oversees the maintenance of required program records including purchasing and inventory of materials.
- Attends and participates in all program activities, events, staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Must complete eighteen (18) hours of Early Education training and/or course work annually in person and online.
- Adhere to guidelines applicable to Child Care Food Program and attend CACFP annual training. Orient and train staff on required procedural steps.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At Least 21 years of age.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED certifications or completion within thirty days of hire.
- Proof of Health Exam and negative TB test.
- High school degree or GED.
- At least one year of experience leading and working with children in a variety of program settings including day camp, after school and virtual school where applicable.
- At least 6 months experience in a supervisory role.
- CDA, NAC, CCP, Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Early Education or closely related field preferred.
- Completion of assigned online training within seven days of hire.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate and developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations and/or the ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Understands the YMCA of Southern Arizona is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
All employees will lead by example to teach participants the importance of the YMCA core values: Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. A post offer background screening is required for this position. This is a non-benefit eligible position, schedule will be dependent on business needs Monday – Friday from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
To apply send your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org, or pick up an application at your local YMCA branch and turn in the completed application along with your resume to:
YMCA of Southern Arizona
Attn: Youth Development Department
60 W Alameda ST
Tucson, AZ 85701
** Please note, we will not accept resumes or applications, for this position, if you apply through a third party vendor.**