We are open!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lohse Family YMCA. During this time members are invited to enjoy our health and wellness floors, group exercise classes, and lap swim!
We are maintaining a safe environment for all with the implementation of updated health and safety practices. Please read before visiting the YMCA:
- In order to be in compliance with the State’s guidelines for reopening all Y staff and members are required to wear face coverings at all times in our facilities (even while exercising).
- During this stage, the locker rooms will not be open.
As part of this reopening stage, our branches will operate with limited hours and services. We will notify you of any changes and appreciate your flexibility.
Lohse Family YMCA is open:
Monday – Friday from 6 AM – 1 PM and 4 PM – 7 PM
During this reopening stage, our facilities will be closed during a portion of the afternoon for additional cleaning and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Group Exercise Classes are back! To register and to view the Group X Class Schedule click the button below.
Lap Swim is Back! Members are required to reserve a lane to enjoy lap swim. Please see the instructions below for registration.
Use the YMCA of Southern Arizona App:
- Download the Y Mobile App and Create an account
- Log into the Y Mobile App and Click “Group Ex Schedule”
- Search by location: Ott Family YMCA and for activity select “lap swim”
- Select the desired week (day) and scroll to “lap swim”
- Click “lap swim” and then click “book now” to reserve your lane
Use the YMCA’s website
- Click this link: https://tucsonymca.org/schedules/
- Select the desired day from the drop-down menu
- Select “open/lap swim” under category
- Select Lohse Family YMCA for the desired location
- Select “lap swim” for the class
- Click “sign up” next to the desired date and time
- Sign in or create a login to reserve your lane
If you are interested in lap swim, please read the information below.
- Locker rooms are closed. Please come dressed in swim attire.
- We recommend bringing a cover-up for when you leave the pool area since locker rooms are not open.
- Masks must be worn upon entering the facility and on deck. (Masks should not be worn while swimming.)
- All swimmers are required to rinse off in the on-deck shower prior to entering the pool.
In order to ensure your safety, we continue to pledge to:
- Monitor updates from the CDC and local health officials.
- Be prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with community needs and health recommendations.
- Follow enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the facility.
- Conduct wellness checks of all staff and contractors upon entering the facility.
- Provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant in convenient locations throughout the facility.
- Enforce all social distancing and health recommendations.
- Ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all to enjoy.
If you are visiting the Y for the first time in recent months you may notice a few upgrades and changes in procedures when you visit, including:
- Members will be greeted by a friendly member of our team as they enter the facility using the newly installed touch-less entry system.
- Members will check in using the Y Mobile App barcode to ensure a touch-less process.
- Members will be asked to sign a digital waiver and take a Health & Safety pledge.
- Capacities have been reduced throughout the facility to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Sanitation stations have been installed in various locations to ensure all members are wiping the equipment before and after use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented on the wellness floor and throughout the facility. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- Water bottle filling stations have been installed. All members are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and gym towel.
- Group fitness, locker rooms, Learn & Play, gyms and pools will not be open immediately, but will be phased in with social distancing guidelines and capacities.
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home!
The Y is following the Governor’s recommendations by asking that if you are part of a high-risk population to wait to enjoy the Y and continue to join us for virtual workouts on and through our Virtual Y platform.
- There are 18 online classes available with your favorite Y instructors! Check out the schedule here: Virtual Y class schedule.
- Join us on Facebook for more content to boost your mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
We ask you to Stay With Us.
On behalf of everyone at the YMCA of Southern Arizona, we ask that you remain a part of our Y and continue to support the critical work we do in our community.
The significant impact we have on individuals, children, families, and those who need us most is dependent on our program and membership fees. Your membership fees enable our Y to help the community, support our employees, and remain strong through these extraordinary circumstances.
Please email Kylie Aldaz with questions about your membership.
- Cardio Wellness Center
- Matrix Cardio & Strength-training Equipment
- Full Free-weight Center
- Indoor Track; 1/20th of a mile
- 6-lane, 25 yard, Heated Swimming Pool
- New Precor Spinning Bikes (temporarily closed)
- TRX (temporarily closed)
- Full-size Gymnasium (temporarily closed)
- Boxing Studio (temporarily closed)
- Y Personal Fitness Programs with One-on-One Training (temporarily closed)
- 2 Racquetball/Handball Courts (temporarily closed)
- Aerobic Studios (temporarily closed)
- Yoga Studio (temporarily closed)
- Cycling Studio (temporarily closed)
- Training Studio (temporarily closed)
- Learn & Play Area (temporarily closed)
- Community Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Locker Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Sauna (temporarily closed)