We are open!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Northwest YMCA. During this time members are invited to enjoy our health and wellness floors, group exercise classes, and lap swim!
We are maintaining a safe environment for all with the implementation of updated health and safety practices. Please read before visiting the YMCA:
- In order to be in compliance with the Arizona Department of Health Services for reopening all Y staff and members are required to wear face coverings at all times in our facilities (even while exercising).
- During this stage, the locker rooms will not be open. However, the bathrooms are still open.
- Our branches will operate with limited hours and services. Our facilities will be closed during a portion of the afternoon for additional cleaning and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Group Exercise Classes are back! To register and to view the Group X Class Schedule click the button below.
In order to ensure your safety, we continue to pledge to:
- Monitor updates from the CDC and local health officials.
- Be prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with community needs and health recommendations.
- Follow enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the facility.
- Conduct wellness checks of all staff and contractors upon entering the facility.
- Provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant in convenient locations throughout the facility.
- Enforce all social distancing and health recommendations.
- Ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all to enjoy.
If you are visiting the Y for the first time in recent months you may notice a few upgrades and changes in procedures when you visit, including:
- Members will be greeted by a friendly member of our team as they enter the facility using the newly installed touch-less entry system.
- Members will check in using the Y Mobile App barcode to ensure a touch-less process.
- Members will be asked to sign a digital waiver and take a Health & Safety pledge.
- Capacities have been reduced throughout the facility to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Sanitation stations have been installed in various locations to ensure all members are wiping the equipment before and after use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented on the wellness floor and throughout the facility. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- Water bottle filling stations have been installed. All members are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and gym towel.
- Group fitness, locker rooms, Learn & Play, gyms and pools will not be open immediately but will be phased in with social distancing guidelines and capacities.
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home!
- There are 18 online classes available with your favorite Y instructors! Check out the schedule here: Virtual Y class schedule.
- Join us on Facebook for more content to boost your mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
We ask you to Stay With Us.
On behalf of everyone at the YMCA of Southern Arizona, we ask that you remain a part of our Y and continue to support the critical work we do in our community.
The significant impact we have on individuals, children, families, and those who need us most is dependent on our program and membership fees. Your membership fees enable our Y to help the community, support our employees, and remain strong through these extraordinary circumstances.
Our hope is that this suspension in services will be brief. But the impact our Y makes in the community lasts a lifetime.
- 35,000 square-foot Facility
- Cardiovascular Wellness Center
- Matrix Free Weights and Strength Circuit
- Y Personal Fitness Programs with One-on-One Training
- 6-lane, Heated, 25-yard Lap Pool (temporarily closed)
- GRAVITY Group Training Systems (temporarily closed)
- 3,000 square-foot Aerobics Studio (temporarily closed)
- Learn & Play Center with Outdoor Play Area (limited hours)
- Locker Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Precor Spin Bikes (temporarily closed)
- Community Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Pima County Arts & Crafts Center (temporarily closed)
- Zero-depth Pool with Slide (temporarily closed)
- TRX (temporarily closed)
- Advanced TRX (temporarily closed)
- Functional Fitness (temporarily closed)
- Climbing Wall (temporarily closed)
- Bocce Courts (temporarily closed)
- Outdoor Basketball court (temporarily closed)
- Grilling Center (temporarily closed)
- Large gymnasium (temporarily closed)
- Angel Youth Center (temporarily closed)