We are open!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Ott Family YMCA. During this time members are invited to enjoy our health and wellness floors, group exercise classes, and lap swim!
We are maintaining a safe environment for all with the implementation of updated health and safety practices. Please read before visiting the YMCA:
- In order to be in compliance with the State’s guidelines for reopening all Y staff and members are required to wear face coverings at all times in our facilities (even while exercising).
- During this stage, the locker rooms will not be open. However, the bathrooms are still open.
- Our branches will operate with limited hours and services. Our facilities will be closed during a portion of the afternoon for additional cleaning and on Saturdays and Sundays.
Group Exercise Classes are back! To register and to view the Group X Class Schedule click the button below.
Lap Swim is Back! Members are required to reserve a lane to enjoy lap swim. Please see the instructions below for registration.
Use the YMCA of Southern Arizona App:
- Download the Y Mobile App and Create an account
- Log into the Y Mobile App and Click “Group Ex Schedule”
- Search by location: Ott Family YMCA and for activity select “lap swim”
- Select the desired week (day) and scroll to “lap swim”
- Click “lap swim” and then click “book now” to reserve your lane
Use the YMCA’s website
- Click this link: https://tucsonymca.org/schedules/
- Select the desired day from the drop-down menu
- Select “open/lap swim” under category
- Select Ott Family YMCA for the desired location
- Select “lap swim” for the class
- Click “sign up” next to the desired date and time
- Sign in or create a login to reserve your lane
If you are interested in lap swim, please read the information below.
- Locker rooms are closed. Please come dressed in swim attire.
- We recommend bringing a cover-up for when they leave the pool area since locker rooms are not open.
- Masks must be worn upon entering the facility and on deck. (Masks should not be worn while swimming.)
- All swimmers are required to rinse off in the on-deck shower prior to entering the pool.
- Please exit the pool using the south staircase.
In order to ensure your safety, we continue to pledge to:
- Monitor updates from the CDC and local health officials.
- Be prepared to quickly evolve plans to align with community needs and health recommendations.
- Follow enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures throughout the facility.
- Conduct wellness checks of all staff and contractors upon entering the facility.
- Provide hand sanitizer and disinfectant in convenient locations throughout the facility.
- Enforce all social distancing and health recommendations.
- Ensure a positive and welcoming environment for all to enjoy.
If you are visiting the Y for the first time in recent months you may notice a few upgrades and changes in procedures when you visit, including:
- Members will be greeted by a friendly member of our team as they enter the facility using the newly installed touch-less entry system.
- Members will check in using the Y Mobile App barcode to ensure a touch-less process.
- Members will be asked to sign a digital waiver and take a Health & Safety pledge.
- Capacities have been reduced throughout the facility to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Sanitation stations have been installed in various locations to ensure all members are wiping the equipment before and after use.
- Social distancing guidelines will be implemented on the wellness floor and throughout the facility. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- Water bottle filling stations have been installed. All members are encouraged to bring their own water bottle and gym towel.
- Group fitness, locker rooms, Learn & Play, gyms and pools will not be open immediately, but will be phased in with social distancing guidelines and capacities.
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home!
The Y is following the Governor’s recommendations by asking that if you are part of a high-risk population to wait to enjoy the Y and continue to join us for virtual workouts on and through our Virtual Y platform.
- There are 18 online classes available with your favorite Y instructors! Check out the schedule here: Virtual Y class schedule.
- Join us on Facebook for more content to boost your mental, emotional, and physical well-being.
We ask you to Stay With Us.
On behalf of everyone at the YMCA of Southern Arizona, we ask that you remain a part of our Y and continue to support the critical work we do in our community.
The significant impact we have on individuals, children, families, and those who need us most is dependent on our program and membership fees. Your membership fees enable our Y to help the community, support our employees, and remain strong through these extraordinary circumstances.
Thank you for your continued support.
Please email RJ Bergman with questions about your membership.
- Accessible Facility & Elevator
- Locker-Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Learn & Play Center With Outdoor Playground (temporarily closed)
- Newly Expanded Cardio Wellness Center
- New Precor Spinning Bikes (temporarily closed)
- New Matrix Strength Circuit
- New Matrix Free Weights
- New Matrix Functional Trainer (temporarily closed)
- 6-lane, 25 yard, Heated Swimming Pool (open for lap swim)
- Group Exercise Studio (temporarily closed)
- Outdoor Basketball Court (temporarily closed)
- Indoor Gymnasium/Sports Center (temporarily closed)
- Skate Park (temporarily closed)
- Roller Hockey Arena (temporarily closed)
- Splash Pad (temporarily closed)
- Martial Arts Room (temporarily closed)
- Community Rooms (temporarily closed)
- Multipurpose Program Area (temporarily closed)