DES assistance information
safe and fun programs
The YMCA partners with the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) in order to assist in providing affordable care options for children throughout the Tucson community. If you are interested in learning more about receiving child care assistance from DES, navigate to their website by clicking HERE. An authorization from DES is required prior to moving forward with the registration process. DES is not offered at the Northwest YMCA.
if you have received your authorization, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Review the DES Daily Rates and Absence Fee Table
STEP 2: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
Email Subject: DES Registration Request
- Parent/Guardian First and Last Name
- Parent/Guardian Birth Date
- Parent/Guardian Phone Number
- Parent/Guardian Email
- Household Address, no PO boxes allowed per licensing
- Child(ren) First and Last Name
- Child (ren) Birth Date
- Name of the Site or location the child will be attending
Once we have confirmed with you that your account is set up and there is space in the program, we will apply a $25 or $50 fee to your account for a program membership ($25 for individual child, $50 for 2 or more children), then generate an email where you will be able to login to your online account.
STEP 3: Input payment method (must be credit or debit care) and pay membership fees.
- You will receive an email prompting you to login in to your YMCA account and set up your password.
- Once you login, you will navigate to and then click on “My Account” located in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Click on “View Account”
- Click on “Add Credit Card” located at the bottom left of your screen. Input all credit/debit card details and click submit.
- Click Log Out
- Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Child’s Name and Birth Date
- The last 4 digits (XXXX) of the card you submitted
- Confirmation that you have paid the membership fee
Once we have confirmed that your card information is verified and the membership fee is paid. We will register your child and schedule your weekly payments in accordance with the fee schedule as explained in the Parent/Guardian Handbook. You will be contacted via email letting you know when your child is fully registered and can start in the program.
Initial Program Fees required:
You must have an active program or facility membership in order to register for programs.
- Program or Facility Membership
- Program Membership Cost: $25 or $50 Annual Fee
- Facility Membership Cost: Monthly Fees vary
- Allows access to all gym facilities in Tucson area.
- To request more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Fee: A registration fee may be required depending on the program.
if you are currently in our program and have questions regarding your account:
Contact us at 520-623-9481 or email us email@example.com