HELP KEEP YOUR KIDS SAFE
As “America’s swim instructor,” the YMCA teaches children of all ages and from all backgrounds that water can be fun if you know how to stay safe in and around water.
Fall REGISTRATION NOW OPEN: Swim Starters, Swim Basics & Swim Strokes
The Y provides children across the U.S. with access to swim lessons and water safety education. The Y introduced the country to group swim lessons over 110 years ago in 1909. Now, we are one of the largest community-based organizations in the country that teach invaluable water safety and swimming skills. This program may range from four to eight class sessions.
There are three general categories of Y Swim Lessons:
- Swim Starters helps children ages six months to three years develop swim readiness skills through fun experiences that build confidence. In addition, parents learn how to supervise children in the water, prevent accidents and plan for emergencies.
Available Sessions: Saturdays at Lohse and Northwest, weekdays at Ott
- Swim Basics (Safety Around Water) enables people of all ages to gain basic water safety and swimming skills. Swimmers become comfortable and confident in the water through practicing safe water habits, engaging in underwater exploration, and learning how to swim to safety if they fall into a body of water.
- Swim Strokes introduces and refines stroke techniques in older swimmers (school-age, teens, and adults). Having mastered the fundamentals, students learn additional water safety skills and build stroke techniques, developing skills that can help prevent chronic disease, increase overall well-being and foster a lifetime of physical activity.
Available Sessions: Saturdays at Lohse and Northwest, weekdays at Northwest and Ott in July
To register, follow the below steps:
- Click the button below
- Log in or register for an account
- Search “parent/child,” “preschool,” or “youth”
- Select the desired program in the grey box
- Select desired location
- Select the appropriate timeNote: Parent/Child is for children 0-2 years with the guardians, preschool is for children 3-5 years, and youth is for children 6-12 years. If you are looking for swim lessons for someone outside these age ranges, check out our private swim lesson packages.