SALUTING OUR MILITARY
We understand that Military Families are under enormous strain. The Y is proud to give thanks to all who serve and provide a place where everyone belongs.
ALWAYS ZERO JOINING FEE
The Y is proud to give thanks to all who serve and provide a place where everyone belongs. For all who serve or have served our country, the YMCA is happy to extend a waiver of our enrollment fee when you join. Just present your Military ID to the Member Service Desk when you join.
We’re happy to offer all active duty military and their families reduced membership fees based on their pay grade. Because we know the Y is a place to meet other Military Families who can relate. When you join the Y, you’re committing to more than simply becoming healthier. You are supporting the values and programs that strengthen your community. At the Y, children learn what they can achieve, families spend quality time together, and we all build relationships that deepen our sense of belonging. We are proud to offer the special rates below for those currently serving (Active Duty, Guard, and Reserve) and their families. Check with your local YMCA location for specific rates and details.
membership for times of deployment
WHAT BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED?
During times of deployment, the YMCA provides a FREE membership to the spouse, partner, and children of a deployed service member. Membership is issued in six-month increments, and our commitment continues until you welcome back your loved one.
Who is eligible?
- Spouses, partners, and family members living in the household of deployed military personnel
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/partner/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse/Partner category supports families/spouses/partners who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse/partner has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
What do I need to do?
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a Y branch for verification.
Summer Camp for Military Kids
Triangle Y Ranch Camp is fortunate to work with additional funders and donors that support our military families. Each of these programs varies a little in the criteria for acceptance or the amount of the copay. Some are restricted by rank/pay grade, some by service status, some by Unit, some by deployment date or PCS orders. Since we don’t always know from year to year what restrictions might be placed on the funds, we have created a single form that will guide our staff through the process of determining a program. What we have done is to simplify the process for the family. Please fill out this 2020 YMCA Triangle Y Ranch Camp Military Eligibility Form
When we get the form, our office staff will match you up with the best funder or donor and will contact you by email with the specifics and help finish the registration.