SALUTING OUR MILITARY
We understand that Military Families are under enormous strain. The Y is proud to give thanks to all who serve and provide a place where everyone belongs.
Always zero joining fee for our military service members and veterans!
Why join the Y?
The Y is a place to meet other Military Families who can relate. The U.S. Department of Defense’s Military Outreach Program provides services and programs through memberships and support services for qualified Military personnel. We are proud to be assisting the families of the men and women of our U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard, and Military Reservists.
Proud to serve those who serve
Last year, we provided access to health & well being resources and youth and family development services to more than 270 Military Families, allowing them to spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment.
Always ZERO joining fee for our military servicemembers and veterans
The Y is proud to give thanks to all who serve and provide a place where everyone belongs. For all who serve or have served our country, the YMCA is happy to extend a waiver of our enrollment fee when you join. Just present your Military ID to the Member Service Desk when you join.
membership for times of deployment
WHAT BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED?
During times of deployment, the YMCA provides a FREE membership to the spouse, partner, and children of a deployed service member. Membership is issued in six month increments, and our commitment continues until you welcome back your loved one.
Who is eligible?
- Spouses, partners, and family members living in the household of deployed military personnel
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/partner/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse/Partner category supports families/spouses/partners who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse/partner has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
What do I need to do?
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a Y branch for verification.
- Contact Charlie Buchanan for more information.