Discover your potential
The YMCA is offering private and semi-private swim lessons at select branches. These lessons are designed to give participants individualized attention to improve or master their swimming skills. Together, the instructor, participant, and/or guardian determine the goals for the session, and the curriculum is customized in order to meet these goals. For example, an instructor can work on a specific stroke, turn, or on encouraging a new swimmer to put their face in the water or jump from the edge of the pool. Private swim lessons are available based on the availability of our swim instructors.
Private Lessons (Instructor : One Participant)
- One 30-minute lesson: $30 Y-Members, $40 program members
- Five 30-minute lessons: $100 Y-Members, $150 program members
- Ten 30-minute lessons: $150 Y-Members, $200 program members
Semi-Private Lessons (Instructor : Two Participants)
*The cost listed below is for each participant.
- One 30-minute lesson: $20 Y-Members, $30 program members
- Five 30-minute lessons: $75 Y-Members, $100 program members
- Ten 30-minute lessons: $100 Y-Members, $150 program members
Ready to register?
To ensure each individual is registered for the appropriate program, an Orientation Call is scheduled for private and semi-private lessons with the Aquatics Director first. During the Orientation Call, we will discuss your individual lesson goals, schedule your first lesson, and process your payment for the appropriate amount listed above.
Before you register, please read:
- Private/semi-private lessons are only offered at the locations where we have an available instructor.
- We ask that guardians register for an orientation call only if they intend on taking private/semi-private lessons. Payment will be processed at the time of the orientation call. This payment is non-refundable once processed (day or orientation call).
- Be sure you know your availability for swim lessons and location preferences prior to the call.
- Cancellations must be made within 48-hours of the scheduled lessons in order to not be “charged” for the lesson. This is due to the Tucson Minimum Wage Act that was passed in November 2021 and went into effect in April 2022.