When your kids participate in Youth Sports at the Y they’re not only developing skills; they’re building character…
2021 SUMMER YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE and volleyball clinics
We are so excited to announce that YMCA Youth Sports is back!
Our Y Basketball Program will help your child learn the basic fundamental skills of basketball (e.g. dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding, and defense). Our program focuses on team play, overall gameplay, and additional concepts.
- Who can participate? Youth (1st – 9th grade)
- When does the season start? Practice starts week of June 14, 2021.
- How long is the season? During the summer season, kids will participate in eight weeks of practice and six games.
- Where is it located? Youth basketball is available at the YMCA’s Northwest Pima County Community Center and the Ott Family YMCA.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED! Be on the lookout for our fall season!
The health of your child and your family is very important to us. Our Covid-19 mitigation strategies align with state, local and national guidelines. As our community manages the pandemic our strategies for mitigation will be updated. At this time the following practices are in place:
• All participants MUST wash/sanitize their hands prior to entering the program area.
• Masks must always be worn during practice and games. This includes participants who are actively playing in a game.
• Participants are limited to 1 spectator per game/practice.
• All areas that are considered high touch areas will be sanitized regularly.
• Sanitation stations with hand sanitizer will always be available.
• Doors may be propped, and fans turned on to promote proper ventilation.
• Participants will go through a wellness check prior to entering the program area.
• We request that participants do not attend if they or someone in their household is experiencing symptoms of illness.
• Practice and game times will be staggered to reduce congestion in the facility.
• After practice/game conversations are asked to be held outdoors and to not congregate in the facility.
• We will reduce shared objects as much as possible during practices and games.
• Any snacks that are provided must be commercially packaged.
OUR SPORTS PHILOSOPHY:
Our program is about the players not just the game. We develop skills, build values and focus on relationships. We teach active lifestyles and provide life lessons.
1ST – 9TH GRADES
MAY 3RD – MAY 22ND
LATE REGISTRATION DATES: (LATE FEE APPLIES)
MAY 23RD – MAY 29TH
PRACTICE BEGINS THE WEEK OF:
Ott Family YMCA & Northwest YMCA
DATES OF GAMES:
JUNE 26, JULY 10TH, JULY 17TH, JULY 24TH, JULY 31ST, august 7th (SKIP JULY 4TH WEEKEND)
NOT OFFERED FOR SUMMER SESSION
INDIVIDUAL EARLY REGISTRATION: $45 FACILITY MEMBERS; $70 FOR PROGRAM MEMBERS
INDIVIDUAL LATE REGISTRATION: $55 FACILITY MEMBERS; $80 FOR PROGRAM MEMBERS
TEAM EARLY REGISTRATION: $450
TEAM LATE REGISTRATION: $500
Interested in being a volunteer coach? Start here by filling out this questionnaire!
Our volleyball clinics will be focused on fundamental skills to help develop the players while having fun! The main skills that we will be focusing on are passing, serving, footwork, athletic agility, and sportsmanship. Please Note: All players must have knee pads to participate
3rd – 8th grade
june 7 – July 2
july 5TH, JULY 12TH, JULY 19TH, JULY 26th
3rd-5th grade 6-7pm
6th-8th grade 7pm-8pm
$40 FACILITY MEMBERS
$65 FOR PROGRAM MEMBERS
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 520-623-9483!