Join the Movement to End Child Sexual Abuse
STEWARDS OF CHILDREN
The Y and the Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona are starting a movement of epic proportions. One with a vision to end one of the most devastating epidemics facing children today – child sexual abuse. One in 10 children will face this traumatic experience that steals their innocence, usually alone, without any adult help. And, 5% is the answer.
Studies show that training 5% of a community in the awareness and prevention of child sexual abuse can move the needle on the epidemic. We hope to do just that and train 50,000 southern Arizonans in the next five years, with your help!
Preventing child sexual abuse is a job for adults – not children. One of the most proactive and pragmatic approaches to diminishing child sexual abuse is the education of responsible adults. And that’s why Girl Scouts of Southern Arizona and the YMCA of Southern Arizona are taking on this audacious goal. Together we will confront child sexual abuse with courage through Stewards of Children, the only evidence-based, third party evaluated child sexual abuse prevention training available.
ABOUT THE STEWARDS OF CHILDREN TRAINING
Children cannot be expected to protect themselves from child abuse. It is the our responsibility as adults to be trained in child abuse awareness and prevention. Stewards of Children offers simple proactive steps to protect children from sexual abuse.
The 2-hour training offers you tools to help prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. You will learn how to recognize the clues that children give us, the behavior typically shown by perpetrators, and how to make a report to the proper authorities when indicated. When adults are educated in the signs of child sexual abuse and how to react to them children are safer and families are strengthened.
TAKE THE TRAINING
Stewards of Children is offered both in person and online. To find an in-person class near you visit Darkness to Light’s Arizona page by following the link below. There is a $10 materials fee for most in-person trainings.
The online training is offered for a one-time fee of $10. You can start and stop the training as needed right from your computer. Please see the instructions below to get started today.
Take Stewards of Children Online
- To get started click here
- Enter all required fields and click “Login”.
- Once you have completed the registration process, a “Thank you” screen will appear. This screen will also instruct you to disable your pop-up blocker. If you need assistance with this, click the “click here” button for instructions.
- Now you are on your Personalized Training Center Dashboard.
- From here, click on “Take Stewards of Children:”
- Click “Launch.” Please ensure your pop-up blockers are off in order to launch the training.
- Click “Start” to begin the Stewards of Children online training
- If you don’t complete Stewards of Children in one sitting and would like to come back into the program at a later date, it will save your spot and you can log back in here.