YMCA SWIM INSTRUCTOR TRAINING (Y-SI)
SPRING 2018 – YMCA SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
The purpose of the YMCA Swim Lesson Training course is to provide entry-level instructor participants with the knowledge and skills to ensure participants of all ages in our community know how to be safe in and around water. Learning to swim is a life skill. Together, we can help adults, parents and children increase their knowledge, ability and stamina to build smart, strong, confident swimmers.
- Must be 16 years old on or before the final day of the course.
- Tread water for 2 minutes and swim 50yd. Of each stroke – Free, Back, Breast, Fly, Side stroke and elementary back
You will need to upload the required certifications to LCDC.YExchange.org prior to the start date of the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor course. See below for prerequisites:
- First Aid
- CPR PRO
- AED for Aquatics (within one year of achievement date)
In addition to the above certifications, there are three eLearnings to be completed prior to the start date of the V6 YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor course. The following eLearnings can be found at LCDC.YExchange.org:
- PRINCIPLES OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- YMCA V6 SWIM LESSONS INSTRUCTOR: Observe & Communicate
- YMCA V6 SWIM LESSONS INSTRUCTOR: Orientation
- Valid participant email address and access to online materials.
- Complete all required online materials prior to class sessions.
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Pass the final written exam with minimum grades of 80 percent.
Upon completion of this course participants will receive YMCA Swim Lesson
Instructor certification valid for 2 years.
Closed classes. Only open to YMCA employees. If you would like to
apply please see any YMCA to fill out an application or visit our employment page for open positions.
SCHEDULED 2018 COURSES
*April 16-18, 20 4pm-9pm
April 28 & 29 9am-6pm
May 26 & 27 8am-6pm
For more information regarding upcoming classes contact:
Gill Osgood, at email@example.com