Fun. With A Sense of Accomplishment
At the YMCA of Southern Arizona, your time and talent go a long way. Every hour spent as a volunteer translates to:
- The caring attention vital to a child or teen, helping them to make smart choices.
- Support for families stressed by the economy and time pressures.
- Helping people of all ages and abilities to lead healthier lives.
The wide variety of programs at the Y allows Volunteers to help our community in many different ways!
- Visual and performing artists can find ways to excite and engage children in the arts.
- Athletes can help young team participants discover the joy of sports.
- Teachers and tutors know they are making a difference in literacy and other skills–abilities that will help people in their communities go on to live more productive and positive lives.
Volunteer Coaches are needed for youth sports throughout the year. Sports vary by Branch and time of year and include basketball, football, soccer, baseball, volleyball, itty-bitty sports and more! Please contact the Youth Sports Program office at the facility nearest you:
- Northwest Y – Sports Coordinator at 229-9001 x 115 or 229-9001 x 104
- Ott Y – R.J. Bergman – 520.885.2317 x614 – email@example.com
- Lohse Y – Harvey Blumenthal – 520.623.5200 x259 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lighthouse Y – R.J. Bergman – 520.885.2317 x614 – email@example.com
Board of Directors
The YMCA of Southern Arizona and our five branches operate with a Volunteer advisory board that assist with strategic planning, policy, and vision of the Y. This advisory is vital for the continued existence of the Y and the changes it brings along. You can become a Volunteer and lead our Board of Directors and Committees. Contact Kurtis Dawson for more information.
Every year, more than 250 Volunteers participate in raising awareness and encouraging financial giving at the Y. Volunteers join forces to raise support by calling friends, colleagues, and other contacts. Their supports provides more than 8,000 people with financial assistance for those who can not afford it otherwise. Thanks to our generous donors, we endeavor to never turn a child away due to an inability to pay. Join us in this cause. Contact Kurtis Dawson for more information.