we are here for our community
safe and fun programs
Throughout the Y’s history, we have been called upon in times of crisis and conflict to provide critical services. As soon as it became apparent that the YMCA of Southern Arizona needed to change our course to support our community, we did. Our teams immediately mobilized to explore ways to support you. As schools navigate reopening over the next several months, we will continue offer services to assist the needs of our families.
YKids Choice! The flexible program where children have a voice! Each day the children will be provided a space to complete their remote learning school day. Once done, they will help decide in their groups, what activities they do for the rest of the afternoon! Activities will be themed each day around!
We are now accepting YKids Choice program registrations for children ages 5-12 years at five sites in the Tucson area, August 3 – October 9. The dates will be adjusted back or extended if the state requirements change. The daily attendance and tiered pricing structure allow for affordability and flexibility.
- Children who attend this program will be provided a space to complete their live or recorded zoom calls, school work and any other school requirements. Children MUST bring their own personal charged electronic device with charger and headphones with a microphone. The YMCA will not provide electronic devices to children.
- YKids Choice will be offered in two week blocks where with limited registration windows. (see below)
- Children do not have to attend 5 days per week, you will be able to choose days of attendance for each week.
- Registration for each two week block will open two weeks prior to the start of the program. (see below)
- Program fees are non-refundable.
5 years to 12 years
Registration and program Dates:
Monday – Make Something monday
Tuesday – Take a trip Tuesday
Wednesday – Wacky Wednesday’s
Thursday – Talented Thursday’s
Friday – Fun Day Friday!
Personal items allowed:
- Water Bottle
- Charged Electronic Device with Charger
- Headphones with Microphone
please note the following:
- You MUST present your ID when picking up.
- All check in and out procedures will occur outside of the facilities.
- Parents and caregivers will not be allowed in the facility.
- All children will have their temperature checked prior to entering the facility.
- All staff and children are required to wear a face covering or mask unless medically exempt.
- The YMCA staff will keep groups at 12 or less.
- Groups will move independently within the facility separated from other groups.
- Groups will sanitize and disinfect their areas between transitions.
- Groups will wash their hands regularly and follow a hand washing schedule that will be posted at each site.
- Field Trips are not permitted at this time.
TIER A – $35/day
This rate most accurately reflects the true cost of the program, including depreciation, operational, and administrative costs. If you can afford to pay this fee, please do so.
TIER B – $25/day
This is our partially subsidized rate for those who cannot quite afford the full cost of the program Tier B pricing is available using promo code YDCAMPB during the registration process, you will receive $10 in financial assistance.
For questions about Registration, contact 520-623-9481 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you must have an active facility membership or pay the annual program membership fee in order to register. ($25 for individual, $50 for two or more children)
- Click the “Register Now!” button
- On the program registration page, click on Day Camp to navigate to the specific program
- Under “Programs that matched your search” Click “See More”
- Choose and click which program you would like to register for
- Click the square next to each box for the date that you want to register
- You will then be prompted to login, find your account or create an account. If you have an active facility or program membership, you will be able to register your child.
- Once your account is created at the checkout you will input the Tier promo code, click apply. Then you will be prompted for your payment.
If you receive DES assistance, click here for more information on how to register. DES is not available at the Northwest YMCA program location.