develop skills & build character
The Y’s youth sports programs encourage kids to develop new skills and discover their potential through teamwork, healthy competition, and most importantly, fun! Our volunteer coaches create a supportive environment that helps guide children through learning the essentials of physical activities, healthy development, and participation.
We are now offering basketball and volleyball!
winter BASKETBALL: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED for the winter season.
Our Y Basketball Program will help your child learn the basic fundamental skills of basketball (e.g. dribbling, passing, shooting, rebounding, and defense). Our program focuses on team play, overall gameplay, and additional concepts.
- Who can participate? Youth (Kindergarten – 9th grade)
- When does the winter season start? Practice starts week of January 3rd
- How long is the season? During the winter season, there will be two evaluation games, five regular season games and at least one playoff games.
- The season will start with two evaluation games that will not count toward regular season records. These games are to place teams in divisions for fair competition. These games are operated like a normal game.
- K-2nd grade teams will play 8 regular season games, 1/8 to 2/26.
- Where is it located? Youth basketball is available at the YMCA’s Northwest Pima County Community Center, Lohse Family YMCA and the Ott Family YMCA.
- Additional Information: New Jerseys 2022! All participants must purchase a reversible jersey for $15.
wINTER volleyball: REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED for the winter season.
Our volleyball league will be focused on fundamental skills to help develop the players while having fun! The main skills that we will be focusing on are passing, serving, footwork, athletic agility, and sportsmanship. Please Note: All players must have knee pads to participate
- Who can participate? Youth (3rd – 9th grade)
- When does the winter season start? Practice starts week of January 3rd.
- How long is the season? During the winter season, there will be seven regular season games and at least one playoff game.
- Where is it located? Youth volleyball is available at the YMCA’s Northwest Pima County Community Center, Lohse Family YMCA and the Ott Family YMCA.
- Additional information: All participants must purchase a home and away jersey for $20.
The YMCA of Southern Arizona is pleased to announce our partnership with PLAYERSPACE.
WHY? This platform will allow electronic communication and a streamlined experience for league management and participants.
Highlights of the PLAYERSPACE experience
*Parents and guardians will have 24-hour access to all league communications including practices and game schedules.
*Games are automatically synced into parent or guardian’s phone calendar if using the app.
*Parents and guardians will receive instant notifications with any schedule changes, league announcements, and new league registration announcements.
*Coaches can communicate with parents right from the app. This includes RSVP notifications for games.
*Parents and coaches can view game results and standings in real time.
regisTRATION NOW open!
The health of your child and your family is very important to us. Our Covid-19 mitigation strategies align with state, local and national guidelines. As our community manages the pandemic our strategies for mitigation will be updated. At this time the following practices are in place:
• All participants MUST wash/sanitize their hands prior to entering the program area.
• Masks must always be worn during practice and games. This includes participants who are actively playing in a game.
• Participants are limited to 1 spectator per game/practice.
• All areas that are considered high touch areas will be sanitized regularly.
• Sanitation stations with hand sanitizer will always be available.
• Doors may be propped, and fans turned on to promote proper ventilation.
• Participants will go through a wellness check prior to entering the program area.
• We request that participants do not attend if they or someone in their household is experiencing symptoms of illness.
• Practice and game times will be staggered to reduce congestion in the facility.
• After practice/game conversations are asked to be held outdoors and to not congregate in the facility.
• We will reduce shared objects as much as possible during practices and games.
• Any snacks that are provided must be commercially packaged.
OUR SPORTS PHILOSOPHY:
Our program is about the players not just the game. We develop skills, build values and focus on relationships. We teach active lifestyles and provide life lessons.
October 25th – december 3rd
PRACTICE BEGINS THE WEEK OF:
Ott Family YMCA, lohse family ymca, Northwest YMCA
DATES OF GAMES:
game dates: 1/7 to 2/18
Playoffs: 2/25 & 3/4
TIERED PRICING – Individual Registration ONLY
The YMCA of Southern Arizona has created a tiered pricing structure to accommodate all families during these challenging times. Please take a moment to look at the rate descriptions below and determine which of the three prices your family can pay for your child’s sports experience. Price selection is done strictly on an honor system. If you can afford to pay the full fee (Tier A), please do so. If you cannot, simply select the price which is right for your family’s circumstances. There is no difference in the league experience for athlete’s registered at different tiers and tier selection is kept confidential.
PLEASE NOTE: All registrants must have a Y facility membership (monthly, includes facility usage) or a Y program membership (one-time annual fee, does not include access to facilities) to register for sports online.
This rate most accurately reflects the true cost of the league, including depreciation, operational, and administrative costs. If you can afford to pay this fee, please do so.
• $76 for Y facility members
• $104 for Y program members
This is our partially subsidized rate for those who cannot quite afford the full cost of the league. Tier B pricing is available using promo code SPORTSB during the registration process.
• $68 for Y facility members
• $96 for Y program members
This is our most heavily YMCA-subsidized rate for families. Tier C pricing is available using promo code SPORTSC during the registration process.
• $60 for Y facility members
• $88 for Y program members
TEAM REGISTRATION information:
Pricing without onsite practice: $600
What does this mean for already formed teams, school teams, and club teams?
The head coach will need to register the team and pay the $600 team fee prior to any team participants being able to register. Please note that these practices are indoors for the Lohse Branch and outdoors for Ott and Northwest
After the team fee is paid in full, the following steps will need to be completed:
- The parent or guardian of each participant for the team will need to purchase an annual program membership ($25/year). If a player already has an active Y facility membership or program membership, they do not need to purchase a new one.
- The parent or guardian will then need to register their participant for the league and will not be charged. They will receive a link from their coach to register.
regisTRATION NOW open!
Interested in being a volunteer coach? Start by filling out the interest form below!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 520-623-9483!