Discover Your Y. Discover Your Why.
Empowering Communities through Volunteerism: Join the YMCA’s Cause-Driven Mission
YMCA volunteers play a pivotal role in advancing our cause-driven mission, focusing on Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility. Their dedication provides community members of all ages and backgrounds with the essential resources and support to foster health, confidence, connection, and security.
Nationwide, over 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, and youth commit themselves to giving back by volunteering with the YMCA. This commitment is amplified by our presence in over 10,000 neighborhoods across the United States, ensuring we deliver on our promise of effecting positive personal and social change.
The YMCA of Southern Arizona invites individuals passionate about serving their community to join our volunteer force. We offer diverse volunteer opportunities, ranging from leadership roles and event coordination to providing motivational support and mentorship. There’s a perfect opportunity awaiting you to make a meaningful impact.
CAREERS WITH A CAUSE
Some Of These Opportunities Include
Serve on various Boards of Directors and committees
Support youth in building important skills, character strengths, and relationships which lead to positive behaviors, a healthy lifestyle, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals.
Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
Extend a helping hand to senior adults who want to do more, be more, and live healthier.
Coach a sports teams
Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and the community.
Being a volunteer coach for the YMCA is not just an opportunity to put your athletic experience to work. Coaching at the Y allows you to make a difference in your community and in the lives of local children. Become a mentor by teaching kids the Y way to play! Volunteer Coaches are needed for youth sports throughout the year. Sports vary by location and include basketball, soccer, volleyball, preschool sports, and more.
BRANCH IMPACT COUNCIL MEMBER
We are excited to announce that our Branch Advisory Boards will shift to Branch Impact Councils (BIC). Members of the BIC will represent their local branch on YMCA of Southern Arizona Association Board committees. All BIC members will also take part in our Annual Fundraising initiatives and have the choice to join other local branch committees. Branch Impact Council Members will have the unique opportunity to:
- Contribute to the success of the YMCA of Southern Arizona at a branch and association level by joining a committee.
- Help increase awareness of the YMCA’s mission to those in the community.
- Provide expertise in your area of interest.
- Serve your community by providing direction on new areas of need within the community.
- Expand your network and meet people with similar interests.
The Board of Directors owns all assets of the organization, serves as the corporate fiduciary, protects the Y brand and reputation and holds ultimate accountability for all actions of the organization. Cause-driven boards are active in providing fiduciary oversight, raising issues of strategic importance, and establishing the vision, goals, strategies, and resources necessary to ensure the Y is able to address pressing social issues and deliver meaningful, lasting change.
- Knowledge of and/or influence in the communities served by the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Willingness to financially support the YMCA of Southern Arizona philanthropic programs and building both partnerships and visibility in the community.
- Expertise in an area of interest that can support the mission of the YMCA of Southern Arizona.
- Willingness to participate regularly in Board and/or Committee meetings.
- Possess leadership skills, including planning, monitoring and evaluating programs and services, finance, fundraising, public speaking, networking, mentoring, etc.
Apply Now! (Link to PDF application)