Discover Your Y. Discover Your Why.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AND PHOTO/TALENT RELEASE AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to utilize the facilities, services and programs of the YMCA for any purpose, including, but not limited to observation or use of facilities, or equipment, or participation in any off-site program affiliated with the YMCA, the undersigned, for himself or herself and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, inspected and carefully considered, or will immediately upon entering and/or participating, inspect and carefully consider, such premises and facilities or the affiliated program. It is further warranted that such entry into the YMCA for observation or use of any facilities or equipment or participation in such affiliated program constitutes an acknowledgement that such premises and all facilities and equipment thereon and such affiliated program have been inspected and carefully considered and that the undersigned finds and accepts same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use or participation.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER THE YMCA FOR ANY PURPOSE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO OBSERVATION OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY OFF-SITE PROGRAM AFFILIATED WITH THE YMCA, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. THE UNDERSIGNED ON HIS OR HER BEHALF AND/OR BEHALF OF HIS/HER CHILDREN (hereinafter referred to as “the undersigned”) HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the YMCA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents (hereinafter referred to as “releasees”) from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any loss or damages, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the undersigned, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise while the undersigned is in, upon, or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
2. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS the releasees and each of them from any loss, liability, damage or cost they may incur due to the presence of the undersigned in, upon or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA whether caused by the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
3. THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND RISK OF BODILY INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE due to negligence of releasees or otherwise while in about or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises, or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
4. PHOTO/TALENT RELEASE I hereby irrevocably release, consent and allow the YMCA of Southern Arizona and its agents to use my photograph/likeness/voice, as it pertains to my participation with the YMCA, in any manner for promotional efforts without expectation of any reimbursement for its use.
5. MEMBER CONDUCT I agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the YMCA of Southern Arizona, and I understand that failure to act in accordance with the rules may result in expulsion from the YMCA and cancellation of membership.
6. PROPERTY LOSS I understand that the YMCA is not responsible for personal property lost, damaged or stolen while using YMCA facilities or participating in YMCA programs.
7. INSURANCE I understand that the YMCA does not provide any accident or health insurance for its members or participants and it is my responsibility to provide such coverage.
8. MEDICAL RELEASE I authorize the YMCA, as my agent, to give consent to medical treatment by a licensed physician or hospital when such treatment is deemed necessary by the physician, and I am unable to give such consent. I authorize a qualified YMCA staff member to administer CPR or first aid if necessary. I understand that it may be necessary for me to provide a release form from my physician regarding my current health status.
THE UNDERSIGNED further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of Arizona and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding continue in full legal force and effect.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AND PHOTO/TALENT RELEASE AGREEMENT, and further agrees that no oral representations, statements or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE.